So the winner is.... General Web Development! Here is a breakdown of the results.
- General web development 71.91% (64 votes)
- Intranet web development 13.48% (12 votes)
- Other 11.24% (10 votes)
- RIA Backend 3.37% (3 votes)
I'd also like to point out that the write in candidate "enterprise level application development for sites needing high availability and scalability" received quite a few votes *grin*.
The results have caused more questions than answers for me. Below are some that I will be addressing in the future.
- Do you spend most of your time on server or client side code?
- What areas (in web dev) do people feel they need the most improvement in?
- Do you have a base set of browsers that you must support?
Thank you everyone for voting.